You are going to love the rich creamy flavor of this strawberry yogurt gelatin dessert. It is not only delicious but stunningly beautiful. Bright red strawberries are suspended in a rich creamy yogurt gelatin and topped with strawberry sauce made from scratch. This dessert is healthy and light, but also elegantly beautiful.
YOGURT JELLO WITH BERRIES
Gelatin is a fairly easy to make dessert that is versatile and healthy. All you need is a little imagination and you can make a beautiful dessert that is healthy and guilt-free. Because gelatin is a blank canvas, you can use different fruits, colors, and flavors to make it extra special. Gelatin is great for building strong skin, hair and nails and tastes great. This dessert is great for kids to make and eat and because it is so good for them, you will not worry if they want to have a second serving.
This strawberry yogurt gelatin looks like something out of a gourmet magazine or a five star restaurant. It is absolutely perfect for a special occasion like Valentine’s day or Mother’s day. Try serving this dessert to finish off a romantic Valentine’s day dinner, or a fun Mother’s day brunch. Either way, this dessert is sure to please and surprise your guests and family.
I make this recipe with vanilla yogurt, ricotta cheese and stevia. Remember, you can use plain yogurt, or light yogurt in place of the vanilla yogurt. Use cream cheese instead of ricotta for a creamier texture. You can use sugar or a sugar substitute in this recipe as well. Experiment with these ingredients to make your strawberry yogurt gelatin perfect for you. I also make my own homemade strawberry topping, but you can use store-bought strawberry jam if you are in a pinch.
I place whole strawberries in the gelatin so that when you cut into it, you can see the cross sections of the fruit inside. I also top this dessert with more strawberries and some black berries, but you can decorate or add fruit to your liking. Remember that acidic fruits like kiwi and pineapple do not work, but any other fruits will do.
Show me how your recipe came out on Instagram with #SpicyLatinaMom and don´t forget to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and social media for everyday inspiration and more delicious recipes.
STRAWBERRY YOGURT GELATIN
75 oz of vanilla yogurt
1 ½ cups of ricotta cheese
½ cup of sugar or stevia
2 oz of unflavored gelatin
½ a lime
3 pounds of strawberries
2 cups of water
- Add ½ cup of water to the gelatin and let it sit
- Mix yogurt, ricotta cheese and ¼ cup of sugar thoroughly together
- Boil ½ cup of water and add the gelatin mixture until dissolved
- Mix the gelatin and water into the yogurt mixture until all is well incorporated
- Taste the mixture and add sugar or sweetener to taste
- Grease a baking dish or a rectangular mold with vegetable or canola oil
- Cut the ends off the strawberries and place them pointing down into the gelatin
- Place the gelatin in the refrigerator to set for 2 hours
- Cut the remaining strawberries into chunks
- Put the strawberries, lime juice, ¼ cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a pot to boil
- Once the mixture boils, turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes
- Cool the strawberry sauce in the refrigerator
- Once the gelatin has set, turn it over onto a plate and spoon the strawberry sauce on top
- Add berries on top to decorate and enjoy
I love to read your comments! Please leave your comments below and share this recipe with your friends. ❤Laura